Thursday, September 20, 2012

FIRE The Great Awakenings by Bill Bright & Jack Cavanaugh



“Fire”
The Great Awakening Series 1740 - 1741
FIRE, one of The Great Awakenings series, 1740 - 1741 by Bill Bright and Jack Cavanaugh is an excellent read. In the beginning I felt as though I were standing side by side fictional character Josiah Rush when he viewed  his hometown of Havenhill, Connecticut from a lofty granite perch. This story captures one man’s courageous journey when facing his devastated past. Josiah struggles are heart wrenching as he refuses to allow the stigma of human judgment to dictate his present and future. Criticisms and judgments had so completely hampered his past. I appreciate Josiah's humanness, his strength, struggles, and awkward embarrassing moments. This second book of The Great Awakenings series holds a special place on my book shelf. If you give it a try I'm sure it will hold a special place on yours also.

This Howard publication is a must read for adventurous souls not afraid of a richly written story line that taps into the very struggles of living a life attempting to emerge unfettered by criticism and judgments of past mistakes.

 

THIS IS A HIGHLY RECOMENDED READ!

 


5 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Great authors, too. God speaks through authors who have joyful and obedient hearts, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pamela! I truely agree with you. Many times the timing and topic of the fiction I read touched my heart to give me courage, comfort, and even gentle correction! Blessings to you Pamela!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pamela! I truely agree with you. Many times the timing and topic of the fiction I read touched my heart to give me courage, comfort, and even gentle correction! Blessings to you Pamela!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to order this at the library right now!

    It sounds really different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, this is a series and I LOVE the characters and the story! Garenteed not to dissapoint in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete