Sunday, October 13, 2013

ANTAGONIST WANTA-BE


 
 
Antagonist Wanta-be

By Susan Marlene Kinney

Pens of Praise Devotion, October 12, 2013

 

That would be me, an antagonist wanta-be! I want to be like my FATHER IN HEAVEN, for HE fosters life … For instance, in the book of Romans, in a passage, which speaks of Abraham being our father, the Scripture reads…

God who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did, who contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” Romans 4:17

In the movie ‘Les Miserables,’ Javert, Montreuil’s police chief, is passionate about keeping the law, but he is actually Jean Valjean’s antagonist. I suppose, in a similar way, I want to be the devils antagonist. I want to speak life and not death. I want to pray interruption and destruction to the devils plans. I want to encourage and strengthen my brothers and sisters in Christ.

 I want to be a part of rescuing those who feel unworthy of God’s favor by bringing them into the truth and light of the father’s love for them.

The Lord says about the wicked, “You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit.” Aren’t we to bring the opposite, to displace Satan’s wickedness? I want to harness my mouth for life, purity, and to keep my tongue from evil. In the movie, ‘Les Miserables,’ the government’s faulty system treated the innocent like Cosett unjustly and also harshly treated those who stole bread because they were starving. No forgiveness or opportunity could be found for Cosett’s mother. This movie represents to me a system of law without grace without love without godly truth.

How do we prevent ourselves from such error and coldness of heart? “My heart says of you, ‘Seek his face!’ Your face, LORD, will I seek.” Psalms 27:8. And also, “Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.” Psalms 105:4

It’s up to us to meditate and ponder the word of God, because no one can do that for us. Our father made us in HIS image. How joyful HE must be when we resemble HIS goodness, kindness, grace and love when life tosses its worst at us. We are his ambassadors. How about this new thought— we can be the Antagonistic Ambassadors of the LORD Most High!

That is the title I would be honored to embrace.

Oh Lord, your kindness penetrates the deepest darkest holes. You are unwavering with unconditional love, grace, and holiness. Help me to be you willing antagonistic ambassador who is successful in thwarting the plans and evil intentions of the devil and his minions. I asked this day for a natural flair of bringing your grace to the graceless, your patience to the inpatient and generosity to greedy. Help me to represent purity in a way that is not legalistic but is instead life-giving.

As Jesus prayed, “Our FATHER in heaven, hallowed be YOUR name, YOUR kingdom come, YOUR will be done on earth as it is in heaven…
 
*The very next day after our Pens meeting, we had a guest speaker at church.  Guess what Pastor Andy Shanholtz spoke about.....Well the title of his sermon was "The Labels We Wear!" I've ever thrilled with our Lord!  Sorry about the photo I couldn't think of anything else that would represent antagonisgts any better! LOL!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    This is an extraordinary post. I enjoy reading every word of it.
    The way you write devotionals looks like you have been inspired by God.
    I agree with you when you say that you wish to be an Ambassador for our dear Almighty God. I call it, the Army of God, and we are His soldiers, the warriors for Christ. I also call it, "A Brotherhood of Christians in Action for a Better World." We can't make it alone, yet together as a whole body of Christ, we could become invinsible winners. The Lord is with us, so who can be against us. I feel that we all can defeat the devil. There are many evil doers out there who represent Satan. But we represent our dear Lord, Jesus Christ, our Savior, who is our Almighty God. The dark days will soon be over, then we shall see the light...
    Susan, thank you for visiting my sites, and expressing your lovely thoughts about my artistic poetical journeys. God keeps blessing you.
    Greetings from Poet Starry Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Starry Dawn!! I do enjoy visiting your blogs and I'm so glad for your love of our Lord! I'm pleased that you were stirred by this blog post! Your poems and art have blessed me in turn! You are welcome here anytime! Mega blessings and joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, dear Sue. And you are SO right---we are to be Ambassadors for Christ, and I personally need to focus on doing this more. Yes, I try to be a good Christian and do what the Lord would have me to do....BUT I'd like to really try harder to be a true Ambassador for my Lord---in everything I say and do.
    Thank you for sharing this---you've caused me to think more about how I'm living for the Lord, and how I can do more to reach others for HIM! Hugs from Georgia, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patty Jo aka CatMom!! I LOVE your visits!! I'm thrilled to know that this post touched your heart! It made me take a pause also and reevaluate my attitudes and life choices!

      Delete